1950's Bathroom

I was going to install my bathroom sink last week, but one of the wall mounts has gone missing. It's a circa 1954 (that's the date stamped on the back) Standard console sink. The type with the chrome legs. Here's what the mount looks like:

?action=view&current=DSC_0169.jpgI've seen plenty of these in Lowes and Home Depot with the round inserts, but as you can see, my rails are square. Does anyone know where I can find one of these with the square holes? Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

Depending where you live, try contacting an old timer plumber, plumbing shop or wholesaler. If they do not have the part, they most likely will know where to find it.

Another place might be

Howe Brothers Plumbing

They are pretty good at finding old parts.

Reply to
franz frippl

Also check the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore, if your town has one- they often have ripout plumbing fixtures and parts. If you are near a big city, look in their yellow pages for a real architectural salvage place. A few years ago, as a gag, I gave my sister an 80 year old clawfoot tub that I had bought out of a farmers field, that he was using as a stock tank. (had to sandblast the outside, but the enamel was perfect). Anyway, due to decades of sitting in mud, the feet were mostly rusted away. She found exact matching feet at the first salvage place she tried, in Indianapolis.

After painting the outside and cleaning, it was pretty enough that she built a fancy bathroom around it. (Too bad she traded the husband in, and left the tub behind, but that is another story....)

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Cool story. Thanks for the quick replies. I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I've been away from my computer for the past couple of days. I'm going to give Howe Brothers a call on Monday. They look promising. If that's doesn't work, I'll try the latter. We just moved to South Carolina from Massachusetts, so I have know idea what's here. I noticed an old appliance store/repair shop down the street from us with three GE monitor top refrigerators for sale in the front window. I have a monitor top fridge, so it's nice to have a source for parts so close to home! Thanks again for the info. Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2