Subject Author Posted Replies

Touch light dimmer problem
About 2 years ago I bought a plug in touch dimmer for a bed side lamp. It worked fine for over a year. Then one day the lamp began coming on by itself, at random times. Usually twice a day. So I...
6
6

Service life of a high-efficiency refrigerator?
My refrigerator is 36 years old. Still going strong, but if you believe published efficiency numbers, it's costing me a hundred bux a year more than it would for a new one. Payback calculations...
23
23

Delta monitor 1700
I have a significant water pressure drop when water is diverted to shower head. There are no restrictions in the shower head. What can be causing this problem and how do I repair?
1
1

Tapping into the drain
Hi, In the following picture, you'll see a big drain pipe (case iron) with two smaller 2" drain pipes going into it on the right: a DIYer and I would like to add another 2" drain pipe into the...
1
1

Replacing SubZero 690/S Light Switch
I have the replacement light switch for frig side of a SubZero 690/S refrigerator/freezer. What is the easiest way to replace the switch? Can it be popped/pried out from the door side or do I need to...
3
3

heat pump and copper tubes to air handler
About a month ago we had problem with one of our heat pumps. It was blowing hot air. They replaced the thermostat (it was calling for emergency heat when it shouldn't), the compressor motor and a...
11
11

Removing Broken Glass in Door
I know that, in theory, glass installed in wooden windows or wooden doors is typically held in place either by putty or wooden strips -- but I have a door leading to a second floor apartment,...
2
2

Raccoon Problem
I have a raccoon that has homesteaded under my back yard storage building. I'm wondering if spraying under and around the building with ammonia might send him on down the road. Any one have a...
32
32

Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405
Hi...trying to find a small fan motor for a dehumidifier. Motor is made by McMillan. Part A0410A2405 or E814814. 1550RPM, 1.3A Not getting any hits on either of these parts. Normally, parts folks...
5
5

Oil to Gas Conversion Burner
My daughter has a 15 year old house with an oil fired boiler. The unit was the top of the line and has is operating at 80% efficiency according to the latest tuneup She has a gas line into the house....
4
4

Mulcher Lawnmower: Bag does not catch Grass?
I have a sears 6 hp lawnmower, for some reason when I cut the grass the bag is empty of any grass. Other times it does fill up. I admit I do often cut on a high setting, but it is still cutting off...
6
6

need good way to store files
I have several files, about 15 of various types from small specialty files to large ones about 14 inches. Really don't like to put files where they rub against each other in a random stack and...
10
10

Driveway Floods
Need some advise with my driveway flooding when there is heavy pour of rain. The roadside gulley blocks which causes the rain water to flow into my driveway. My driveway slops down which means its...
6
6

How to splice three #8 wires
Are there wirenuts that can handle 3 #8 wires? If not, how do you splice them. Split bolt connectors? Can you put 3 wires in a split bolt connector? Is there another way? Please allow your reply to go...
12
12

Crown Molding Question
Here's one for the interior designers. Our house has polyurethaned pine wood trim and base board. We have white ceilings and colored walls. Can we have white crown molding on the ceiling and keep...
8
8