Subject Author Posted Replies

Mower battery rejuvination
the battery is dead on our riding mower. We cant afford a new one and it's too late in the year to buy one anyhow. I checked the water level and it's filled. How can I rejuvinate it? What would happen...
9
9

We dont need a water heater
Our electric water heater quit working in our trailer. We found one on sale for $150 so we put it on layaway. We were saving our change to pay for it, when I found out we dont need one. To take a bath...
14
14

Confused about multi stage or variable speed furnace with non variable condensor
I'm thinking about getting a multi stage or variable speed furnace to go with my fairly new 10 Seer Carrier condensor. Will the AC air handler fan speed be set to a fixed speed because the coil could...
3
3

What batteries to use?
Hi, What are the most economical batteries to use in devices that are rarely used, such as a label maker (e.g. 15 labels a year). I've gathered over the years that in items like flashlights it pays to...
31
31

Indirect Water Heater Question?
Gentlemen; I have a Crown Boiler 40 Gal Indirect Water Heater for hot water. The heating coil is in a loop to my hot water furnace. This has worked well for close to 10 years now. What has started...
1
1

Looking for a simple electronic timer
Have a client who wants to run 2 sets of outdoor lights (one low voltage, the other line voltage) from a single timer. Rather than just getting the ordinary mechanical timer, I thought it might be...
2
2

How to work with live telephone wires?
I plan on installing a new telephone demarcation box on the inside wall of my garage near where 2 pairs of wires come out of a conduit. The existing demarc box is old, ugly, and accessible from the...
13
13

Craftsman mower 917.276022
Four year old mower, have replaced the three mandrel assemblies once each, now all three are making grinding noise again. The manual shows two bearings, and I was thinking maybe I could replace the...
5
5

Garage floor options
I'm considering epoxy and tile, but can't decide. I've seen some really nice epoxy jobs with clearcoat on top (I'll be doing this work myself by the way, and don't mind doing it "right".) I've also...
28
28

water well
Having survived Hurricane Ike, we thought we were in the clear. Not so lucky. After seventeen years of flawless service our water well pump gave out, yesterday. The water well company said he was...
4
4

Floor Drain in Laundry Room
How much (approx) would it cost to install a floor drain in an upstairs laundry room?
4
4

replace garage door
I would like to know how much the cost of replacing a new garage door. Would anyone give ma a general price, no need to be exact. It is two car garage with one door, it is not two door. Thanks in...
9
9

Updating indoor parts of 10 Seer AC unit
2 years ago I got a brand new Carrier 10 Seer AC on the roof. Now, the furnace and evaporator is at the end of its life so it needs to be replaced. But I heard that according to the new law since 2006...
8
8

Best balance between cost/efficiency for Trane furnace and AC?
I'm ready to replace my 20 year old 10 Seer gas furnace/AC with a full Trane system. I am confused by all the options (well at least I decided on the brand), but what I'd really like to know is which...
2
2

Well Pump Trouble?
I have a well with a pump that provides 10 gal/min. The pump provides water to the house, and a network of drip irrigation emitters within 200' of the house--1/4" tubing. There's a valve for drip...
7
7