Subject Author Posted Replies

Don't Use Bleach
I would not use bleach to get rid of mold, I found when you use mold happens to come back. There is a few products out there one I did like was the Safe Shield and Molderizer kit.. u can look on the...
6
6

Maytag Dryer Belt Replacement, etc.
Hello: I have a Maytag PYG1000AWW Rev. 11 dryer. I have two questions: 1. The drive belt is broken. How do it get to the pulleys, etc. to replace the belt? I have removed the front panel, but I am not...
1
1

Free-Standing Stairs, Attached to Concrete Pad, Not House
Converting garage into family room. Contractor cut a hole in the back and installed a sliding glass door. Door sits on top of existing foundation. I now need to build stairs to make the 15" drop from...
6
6

Waffle Screw
I took a screw from a drawer to Home Depot. They didn't have any, but told me it was called a waffle screw. Where can I get some? Dick
9
9

New outside door installation issue questions?
Gentlemen; About a year ago I had a contractor install a new steel, prehung exterior door. Although I don't know the brand, this door was most likely obtained at Home Depot. There appears to be...
2
2

Plate Compactors
I'm building an Allan Block retaining wall and I'm trying to follow the manufacturers directions as closely as I can. It's going to replace a 30 year old railroad tie wall that was secured by rebar...
6
6

Pond behind retaining wall
My street was cut from the side of a hill, so my back yard is level for about 20 yards, then shoots up at about 30-45 degrees well into my backyard neighbor's yard. I am putting a retaining wall into...
5
5

Indirect Fired Storage Tank Cost
I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of how much more oil i would burn if I added a 40 gal. IFST to my oil heating system. Thanks, Bruce

impact wrench and air compressor
how do the spec-s of an air impact wrench relate to the air compressor? i need to loosen a crankshaft pulley bolt that is torqued at 134 ft- lb. on a 1998 honda civic LX. i have a sears craftsman...
13
13

Automotive Water
I got some antifreeze for my car and need to add automotive water to it. It says mix 50% antifreeze with 50% water. I was going to just use tap water when one of my customers at the bar started...
18
18

How many wires needed for thermostat?
I just noticed my existing wire bundle going to the thermostat has 4 wires but I am having a new variable speed two stage furnace (Trane XV80) installed with the existing one stage condenser. I looked...
8
8

Can portable radiators be repaired?
In the past few years, we've accumulated five oil-filled radiators to heat our very small house. The alternative is a gas "furnace" that was installed when the house was built over fifty years ago....
13
13

generator
During the recent hurricane, I was luck enough to purchase a generator. The unit was a Husky 5000watt. The thing worked well with only one little problem. The engine developed an oil leak, between the...
6
6

Best way to seal up bilco doors
Hi all - When it rains our bilco doors let in a lot of water. What is the best stuff to use to seal both the inside and outside of the base around these doors ? Any suggestions ? thanks!

joint compound on cieling.
I am doing a painting project. When I put down my first coat of cieling paint after priming, I noticed these little holes I didn't notice before. So, I just did little dabs of joint compound and...
4
4