Subject Author Posted Replies

Installing new vacuum breaker on a hose bib
Two days ago I didn't know what they were and had never seen one before (thanks to folks here for enlightening me). So today I installed my first vacuum breaker (aka anti-siphon device) on a...
5
5

septic tank pump-out
How much liquid should be left on the bottom of a septic tank after being cleaned 1", 2" or more?
27
27

furnace question
i All, I have a furnace that is now 14 years old and maintained regularly. I am on Heating protection plan. How long does an average furnace last -? Should I drop my Protection plan and just keep the...
6
6

Sealing/insulating a garage door
Hello all, I have a two-bay garage door that has a pesky problem: every time it rains water gets collected inside the panels and then drips on you and stuff inside the garage when you open the door....
4
4

Question about washing machine pan
Is the pan supposed to large enough to accommodate the feet of the washing machine, or is a pan that fits just inside the feet sufficient?
4
4

Hot water heat plumbing question
Have a plumbing problem. Made some modifications to hot water copper pipes in basement, then refilled with water, well found a couple of leaks...so had to drain whole system again and made...
6
6

Don't Use Bleach
I would not use bleach to get rid of mold, I found when you use mold happens to come back. There is a few products out there one I did like was the Safe Shield and Molderizer kit.. u can look on the...
6
6

Maytag Dryer Belt Replacement, etc.
Hello: I have a Maytag PYG1000AWW Rev. 11 dryer. I have two questions: 1. The drive belt is broken. How do it get to the pulleys, etc. to replace the belt? I have removed the front panel, but I am not...
1
1

Free-Standing Stairs, Attached to Concrete Pad, Not House
Converting garage into family room. Contractor cut a hole in the back and installed a sliding glass door. Door sits on top of existing foundation. I now need to build stairs to make the 15" drop from...
6
6

Waffle Screw
I took a screw from a drawer to Home Depot. They didn't have any, but told me it was called a waffle screw. Where can I get some? Dick
9
9

New outside door installation issue questions?
Gentlemen; About a year ago I had a contractor install a new steel, prehung exterior door. Although I don't know the brand, this door was most likely obtained at Home Depot. There appears to be...
2
2

Plate Compactors
I'm building an Allan Block retaining wall and I'm trying to follow the manufacturers directions as closely as I can. It's going to replace a 30 year old railroad tie wall that was secured...
6
6

Pond behind retaining wall
My street was cut from the side of a hill, so my back yard is level for about 20 yards, then shoots up at about 30-45 degrees well into my backyard neighbor's yard. I am putting a retaining wall...
5
5

Indirect Fired Storage Tank Cost
I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of how much more oil i would burn if I added a 40 gal. IFST to my oil heating system. Thanks, Bruce

impact wrench and air compressor
how do the spec-s of an air impact wrench relate to the air compressor? i need to loosen a crankshaft pulley bolt that is torqued at 134 ft- lb. on a 1998 honda civic LX. i have a sears craftsman...
13
13