Subject Author Posted Replies

NiCd vs. NiMh
After reading the discussion about battery packs I had a question. I am looking for feedback on battery life of the NiCD versus the NiMh. I use NiMh batteries in my camera flash and find that they...
51
51

replacing door gaskets on refrigerator and freezer
I need to replace the gaskets on my refrigerator and freezer doors (15 year old Amana BZ20RL). Rplacing the unit isn;t an option right now. I can get the gaskets online (RepairClinic. com, &tc.). The...
6
6

Good shade film for windows?
Hi all; I've got three windows (46" X 48") on the southern exposure of my house. There's no shade and the summer sun can be brutal. Can anybody recommend a good brand or source of shade film?...
2
2

Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!
Every year, we try to do the cycle of Scotts Fertilizers on our lawn ( Crabgrass Fertilizer, Weed Control Fertilizer, Summerguard Fertilizer, Regular Fertilizer, and Winterguard Fertilizer), and...
53
53

Toilet tank/reservoir mold / mildew problem
I have a rental house which just became vacant. I notice in the toilet tanks, there is a mold / mildew problem. I'm not sure why since the house a/c works fine. Anyway, what is the best way to...
2
2

18V battery powered tools
Hi All, I maintain & repair houses houses on a daily basis. I've been using Dewalt cordless tools for many years and I like their tools. Unfortunately, I'm only getting about 2 years of...
28
28

Dryer Vent Problem
My electric dryer is backed up to an outside wall. I am having heck of a time getting a vent to seal tightly. When the dryer is in place, the vent outlet almost touches the outside wall. I'm...
6
6

Replacing 24" washer dryer replacement for condo closet how do you hook it up???
I'm replacing a washer and dryer in a 30" condo closet. The current one is 24" wide stacked one piece combo unit and sits in a metal tray. I'm trying to figure out how the heavy old unit would...
4
4

Bad bushings or capacitor dinasour rheem
yup its old needs replaced saving money for that cause it involves a crane and paul bunyon, ac lines replaced and furnace too. meanwhile a repair to limp along til I get a loan or? original issue no...
7
7

Another Asphalt Driveway Question
We live southeast of Phoenix, AZ and presently have no paved driveway. Our winter temperatures are mild and we get very little percipitation, however our summer temperatures can easily reach 110-115°...
5
5

Wall furnace installation in older house
In an apartment that uses a gas-with-gas stove (cooking and heating) and there's a pipe exiting the heater part of the stove and going to a chimney that's to the right of it. Gas-with-gas...

OT On the job injury
I just found out that my sister has injured her arm at work. I asked her if she got hurt on the job. She said, yes and no. Yesterday at work, she was handing some keys (I think they may have been her...
17
17

condenser unit sweating
I have an central A/C condenser unit in the basement that is sweating and water is dripping onto the floor. Will more insulation help? Currently, I have turned off the A/C and just running the blower...
14
14

CFLs that start out bright
Just a small data point to throw into the ongoing discussion/argument/fight over CFLs here. One of the oft-heard complaints about them is that they take a long time to achieve full brightness. I...
7
7

Loose fence post
I have a loose fence post that I would like to fix. This happens to be one that has a gate attached to it, so it would be nice if this particular fence post is level. The fence post is a regular metal...
9
9