Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: seen on FreeCycle earlier today
Title : OFFER: marble slab From : a******n Date : 17:29, 12 Jul 2009 Location : Castleton, NE Indy Description : We have a 77in X 40.5in X 1in solid white/gray marble slab. This was lying outside when...
7
7

How I think the economy will go and why
It is a fact that if a nation PRINTS trillions of dollars to solve its financial problems, that hyper inflation and collapse will follow. However.... our US govt is NOT printing any money,...... it is...
47
47

Glue for scarf on garden hoe
I have 3 hoes. I'm not particularly tall (5' 10.5"), but it seems that they make hoes for people 5' 8" or less, because two of mine make my back ache, having to bend over so much. I...
13
13

Low flow toilet - Is this really a good idea?
A city affiliated agency is doing some work for me for free based on my low income. The guy came over and toured my 100 year old house the other day. He's going to try to fix an upstairs bathroom sink...
23
23

Drain vent
My current neighbor as well as previous owners of the house has had trouble with intermittent drain problems in a bathroom. She and prevvious owners have had plumbers come out and tell them there was...
4
4

Replacement Bottom Patio Umbrella Pole
------------------------------------- Steve I have an aluminum through the table umbrella with a round aluminum pole with a typical push button but have lost/misplaced the bottom aluminum pole that...
1
1

bathroom countertop
We're redoing the bathroom and will probably install new countertop. We are leaning towards granite, but haven't made any decisions. Countertop is 8 ft long, about 2.5 ft wide. Currently have...
4
4

Best cable splitting strategy.
Hi, I know that the cable modem must have a pretty strong signal so it can be downstream from a few splitters. But I need to put in at least one or two. Where the cable comes in (A) I have a single...
15
15

In-between GFI
Hi, There are GFI outlets and there are GFI breakers. I happen not to like the way GFi outlets look and GFI breakers are sometimes just too far away (4 flights of stairs). Is there an in- between...
8
8

Stud Tensioners
Not what you think The thread " Lubricate screw threads for long term protection against sticking" reminded me that I once had a client that made devices that set bolts and studs so they would never...

Any major hurdles installing 30-yr. shingles?
What are the major differences in installing 30-yr. shingles as opposed to 20-yr ones? I would like to replace mine with 30-yr. and do the labor myself but only have experience with the standard flat...
11
11

Mildew on or in silicone sealant
This is in a shower constructed with a cultured marble-like substance called Granitex. The joints are sealed with a clear silicone sealant. Some area have blackened. I've read that mildew...
1
1

Treated lumber and Liquid Nail
I need to build a staircase from treated lumber and I would like to use Liquid Nail along with the screws. Would I really have to let the lumber totally dry first? If not, would it just be a waste of...
8
8

Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?
Hello As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door casing. The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8". Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match...
5
5

Power/pressure washers: GPM & PSI - are they accurate, what is more important
I'm looking at a few gasoline-powered pressure washers. Naturally, the typical specs are: a) the hp rating of the engine b) the gpm c) the psi So my main question is - are these numbers fudged, or...
27
27