Subject Author Posted Replies

JD Lawn Tractor Starter Problems
I've got a four year old John Deere L110 lawn tractor with the original battery still in it. It's been on a battery tender ever since it was new. The problem I've got dates back to when I...
11
11

Is this mold or what?
Here are some pictures: first are of the access point for the plumbing for the second floor (it's a 2 story complex) The wood has a lot of white and black stuff all over it. Then when the window...
5
5

GFCI not made in China
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in...
18
18

Miracle water treatment...again
is on TV now advertising their salt-free water treatment, implying, sort of, that it is better than a conventional water softener. It works by inducing magic frequencies in the water pipe which it is...
7
7

Ridiculous FHA rules II
I've read all the responses to my previous post and thought I'd make my original post a little clearer. First, I might have misled by using the term FHA. In fact, it's what is called a...
13
13

Identifying mold
Our basement flooded twice in the past month. The last flood was about two weeks ago. A few days ago a dark green fur appeared along the bottom of our walls in the basement. Also there was a greyish...
9
9

Hot Tub broken by teenagers!
------------------------------------- Came home from a weekend away to be told by my son that the tub had 'gone dead' Apart from the sickly colour of the water I was told they had only spent four...
19
19

Mullion for Pella ThermaStar window
I should have posted this earlier but forgot about it. If your local Lowes has a bunch of discontinued stuff on sale they may have these mullion kits. Item #92957 72" Mull kit 20,25 series This...
2
2

Glass topped 'stove'.
No details until tonight, when will be able to view a free stove with a cracked top. Gather at this point it's a complete glass topped stove with oven; but it may turn out to be a separate...
9
9

Prevent Plumbing Escutcheons From Rusting
Are there any tricks to preventing the $3 plumbing pipe escutcheons from the BORG from rusting after 2 months? There is nothing more annoying than doing a nice paint job on a bathroom, only to have...
10
10

Toad stools
I always used a bagger on my lawn to avoid thatch problems. The turf was good but a little sparce. I replaced my mower this spring and now no longer have a bagger. The turf is somewhat thicker but...
11
11

wood fence post preservative
for home made fence post preservative should proportion be 2 pts diesel fuel :1 pt motor oil or the reverse of this
13
13

Moen kitchen faucet
What is the best thing to use to lubricate the up and down sliding mechanism on these units.
12
12

Perpetual motion - free energy
Amazing what one can find on the web: "A Zero point magnetic power generator is basically a Free Energy Generator. It uses magnets, and magnetic force to induce perpetual motion. It runs by itself,...
31
31

Rhino shelter solar heating
I have one of those gray Rhino shelters that get very hot inside when the sun is out. I thought of putting another one right next to the house and piping the hot air into the house and cooler house...
15
15