Subject Author Posted Replies

do simpson meters use fluke-style leads?
Don't have the two together to compare. Have a brand new set of Fluke leads, but they're not here right now. thanks nate
13
13

code question on height above roof deck for water heater vent
Situation- only thing left in original chimney stack is the vent for the gas water heater. (Furnace goes out side wall just above ground level now.) Chimney stack and flashing above roofline is...
6
6

Cosmetic remedy to frost damage
These paved front driveway tiles came with the house when I bought it. Some of the tiles are cracking and some spliting due to frost damage, (in London, U.K.). See photo on Tinypic website: Underneath...
7
7

Stucco "Wash" lime&cement
I have a old stucco covered home that has been painted. The surface is very old and shows some of the underling cement/stucco. Has anyone made their own mixture to cover over the stucco. I was...
2
2

Bissell ProHeat 7901 or 8910 floor cleaner.
The =93window nozzle with hook=94 part no. BI-2149871 gets plugged-up frequently. The problem is not that it gets plugged-up. It is normal for things to get plugged whenever cleaning anything. The...

Low volume toilets
I caught a sliver of a program this afternoon on HGTV (Home and Garden TV), where the lib was touting that the house for sale had a low volume toilet, using 1/6 the water of a regular toilet....
28
28

Connecting CU & AL wiring together
So I finally saw my first aluminum wiring today. Have heard about for years, of course, but this is the first time I'd actually seen it in the wild. Working on an apt. complex built in the late '70s;...
25
25

How to biuld a home CO2 carbonation system (the nozzle part)
I've built a home CO2 carbonation system but I have a question about carbon dioxide flow (see pictures below). a tire valve and a tire chuck, I can easily fill the soda bottle empty space with 50 psi...
40
40

T1-11 Siding- Siding Issues
Hello, If you are in the Southeastern Michigan region our company Eagle Siding would be glad to give you an estimate on your siding. We have plenty of references and twenty-two years of experience in...

Riding Mower Battery Life
I have a TroyBilt (MTD made) riding mower and the battery is dead after only 4 summers. I figured I used it no more than once a week for no more than 25 weeks a year. If I start engine twice each time...
29
29

Looking for bottom rollers for sliding screen for Anderson patio door
I have an Anderson door, probably purchased 1990 or so, from my house to my deck. Door's doing great, but not surprisingly, the rollers on the bottom of the screen have seen their better days. I...
5
5

How much for T1-11, installed?
Okay, for the second year in a row, I went to the half-ass little home show here, and asked vendors for free estimates on various things. My faux-T1-11 7/16 OSB siding has seen better days, so I again...
21
21

Best glue to reattach decals to child's trike
We bought a Radio Flyer twist trike for a granddaughter. Several of the reviews on Amazon said that the decals come off. Well, ours just arrived and while putting it together, I happened to brush my...
13
13

Qs: This 4,782-square foot brick mansion for only $165,000 on account of it being a forecloser??????
is the cheapest mansion I've ever seen. Keywords "REO" (meaning foreclosed) and "foreclosed" call up web sites with the best priced houses in America. This begs the question Can anyone who has the...
22
22

Getting Rid Of Rodent Pests
I tripped across one fellow's solution to a rodent pest problem that also supplies endless hours of entertainment. Gifbin -Squirrel catapult
22
22