Subject Author Posted Replies

Microwave temperatures, Browninig Plate, Harmful???
Microwave temperatures, Browning Plate, Harmful??? My microwave died and I got a new 1100W one. Big error. With a minimum on-time of 15 seconds, it cooks the crap out of stuff for some percentage of...
19
19

Filling voids
Is Good Stuff the best thing to use, or is there a product that does not expand so much, isn't so tenacious to get off, and seals well? Steve
2
2

How to fix spring sticking out of matress
I have a spring sticking out of my matress. It dont feel too good when I lay on it, and I cut my leg once on it now, because it has a sharp end. Besides that spring sticking out, the matress is in...
21
21

5" Center Spacing On Bathroom Sink Faucet ?
Hello, Much thanks for previous help with the different faucet brands opinions. Thought it best to have a separate Post for this. Guess nothing is ever simple and straightforward. Trying to help my...
3
3

Can I repack the stem of a pressurized globe valve?
The main water shutoff valve inside my house is a globe valve, and it leaks a little around the stem. I have tightened the packing nut a few times, but it always starts leaking again pretty soon. The...
9
9

New Function For Multifunction Tool
Well, new to me anyway... I bought a HF air-powered brad nailer a few weeks ago. There was no case, just the cardboard box that it came in. So I've got a nailer, the little bottle of oil, a wrench and...
3
3

Post facto weaterization
We are looking at maybe as much as .75 inches of ice in the area and immediate temps with highs in the low 30s and lows in 23-26 range. Not really sure about what to do if the electricity goes out. If...
6
6

How Much Rock Salt to Kill Roots?
Since I didn't get an answer to this question in my thread about salt damaging my shower base, I'll try my question here. What is the prescribed dosage of rock salt to control roots in a drain? Some...
30
30

Asbestos tile in basement
I have the 9x9" asbestos tile in my basement, and I wonder if it would be ok to just remove the loose tiles, and then glue linoleum on top of them? Also smooth out the removed tiles with floor cement...
27
27

J.D. Power - auto insurance ratings
? I posted this last night but it hasn't showed up, so excuse if duplicate. I need to leave my car insurer of 20 years, 21st Century. First they were taken over by AIG "too big to fail",but left them...
4
4

Teflon Tape Usage
A clerk at my local Ace Hardware told me to use Teflon tape on the pipe threads but not the compression fittings. I'm trying to stop a very slow seepage from the couplings and flex hose surrounding a...
14
14

3 more HVAC questions, (oil furnace)
1) What do you know about Thermo-Pride oil furnaces? Model OH5-85 if that helps. 2) How do Riello oil burners compare to Becket in quality, or any other factor that might matter to me? Even if they...
4
4

out of plumb wall
Have a question. Have a bungalo built back in about 67. doors are the hollow core type, and i'm replacing with solid clear pine. problem is, one door which i thought was warped, is not warped, but...
9
9

AC thermostats acting up
I"ve got two AC units for my house. The outside part of this split system houses both AC compressors (It's a Freus water cooled unit) in one enclosure but they have separate Fused feeds. Inside the...
10
10

Use deep discharge marine battery as emergency power source?
I've been wanting to buy/use a marine battery as a 1vdc power source for emergencies such as ice storms etc Thing is I don't know if there exists a "box" that will contain he battery yet allow USB and...
61
61