$1200

Reply to
maradcliff

Our lawyer does think it's a legit case, unfortunately, the cost puts us into small claims court, even if I add in the $200 I paid to get the stove and dryer fixed as well (they were included as part of the sale). And our understanding is they were divorcing and in need of the money to do so, so I don't know that there will be any money left to get back from them, as they were only here 3 years, so I can't imagine there was much equity to get back.

Thanks for all the support and commiseration, everyone!

-Karen-

Reply to
dkhedmo

I guess you should have spent $ 500.00 for a pre purchase home inspection. Seems you'd have saved 2-3K

Reply to
Rudy