Subject Author Posted Replies

Pex pipe and fitting attachment
Just found out that I have going to need to replace a couple of short pipe runs. The destruction involved using conventional materials makes fishable pex look like the better choice. Those sharbites...
7
7

"waffle" pavers?
Anyone know what I'm talking about? Concrete pavers that look like a waffle, or something open... you can set them in your yard to make a walkway that doesn't get too muddy, but grass still grows up...
18
18

Replace calking
The videos on the web make it look very easy. All you need is a steady hand. My problem is that I don't have a steady hand. (Want a laugh? You should watch me eat with a fork) I saw this tip on the...
4
4

Electrozone Valves - Keep or Replace?
I have a 25 year old Burnham boiler (hot water system) with 3/4" piping and Electrozone zone valves (3 valves). It's my understanding that parts are no longer available for my zone valve system. So...
7
7

Disc tray won't open
Sharp Mini Component System (model CD-C420) When I press the OPEN/CLOSE button, the disc tray doesn't open. How can I open the tray?
7
7

OT, Little Moos
Want to play oneupmanship with your neighbors? Get a lap-cow or house-cow. Freak out that nosy neighbor with little bovines ruminating in your back yard. ^_^ We help you acquire the perfect domain for...
3
3

Cutting one granite tile
I'm building a small granite tile (~ quarter inch thick) counter top and need to cut just one (18") tile. I'd rather not rent a tile saw for this. Suggestions? I don't mind this taking some extra...
7
7

OT: Measurement help- car driver
Have looked but can't find a math or physics NG that will help on this, so turning to the NG that Knows it All. Problem: Looking for a formula that will yield angle of vision subtended by a driver in...
7
7

Harbor Freight Freebies
A little surprised nobody on here brought it up (that I noticed, anyway), but HF now has and is actually enforcing a minimum purchase to get most of the freebies from the pages of coupons most of us...
9
9

Simplicity riding mower seat interlock?
Just bought a different house and included with the offer to purchase was the Simplicity riding mower. Closed this week and discovered that he left the battery and a half a tank of gas in the mower....
13
13

Bostitch Nailgun SB-1850BN (air at trigger, does not cycle)
This thing has less than 20 hours and looks brand new (passed warranty). I contacted Stanley/Bostitch and replaced just about every seal this thing has, including the trigger valve. Using 110psi, I...
16
16

My 2nd trip to Harbor Freight
I went there intending to buy the multi function power tool (can we just call it a mfpt?) at half price with coupon, a roller seat, full price if I had to, and a couple small items and hopefully a...
6
6

Cypress
HD has been discontinuing some of their wood products. As a result I now own 105 1x6 8' cypress tongue and groove boards ($1.45 each, was $13). I need some of these to redo my porch and will rip some...
9
9

OT White Pages
OT The phone books have been getting smaller. With the yellow pages, I figure most places are still in business but they have moved their advertising elsewhere. But with the white pages, I'm not so...
16
16

how many repair calls before a heat pump is considered a "lemon" ??? (2024 Update)
If you've spent roughly $5k on a new furnace/heat pump that is supposed to pay for itself in just a few years with lower electricity bills, at what point (how many repair calls) would the heat pump...
16
16