Subject Author Posted Replies

Fkex Seal Liquid Rubber spray ???
Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on the TV this morning. It looks promising if it does what they say. commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom. This is not...
7
7

foam vs. fiber insulation
Hello all, Looking for opinions on crawl space insulation. This is for an old rent house on block and pad foundation. I am considering either R13 or 1 1/2" rigid foam (vapor barrier on one side and...
23
23

Rug Doctor
I'm looking for a cleaning solution pump for an old upright Rug Doctor carpet & upholstery cleaner, the model EZ-1. I've got inquires out to Rug Doctor and a couple of dealers. I got a junk machine...
8
8

Downloadable grid
Where can I find a downloadable grid with squares measuring 18-inches by 18-inches?
4
4

Drop ceiling or drywall ceiling?
I know everyone wants a drywall ceiling, but I have a walkout basement that if I were to put a drywall ceiling in I'd have to put in 12 access panels for electrical boxes, water shutoffs, vent...
18
18

Largest wooden building put together with glue
"[SPAIN] The Metropol Parasol looks from afar like it's constructed from popsicle sticks..." http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110414/od_yblog_upshot/largest-wooden-building-unveiled-in-spain

Buying universal light kit for ceiling fan
A few months ago I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan from HD, only the fan, no light. Now I would like to add a light kit. I have seen light kits at HD made by Hampton Bay, but not the kind I like....
5
5

stucco tips
would you do with this patch? adventures in stucco

Which glue?
I am going to build a compartment, much like a chest freezer that will incorporate a dorm fridge. The compartment will be made of styrofoam or the blue insulating panels, and be to maintain a...
11
11

Shop Safety
A review of best practices by Popular Mechanics magazine, inspired by the death of a Yale student whose hair was caught in the chuck of a metal lathe. guess she should have been wearing a hair net. ....
6
6

Ryobi Trimmer fuel line routing
I've got a Ryobi 790r trimmer (the one with the changeable heads). The fuel lines are shot (probably why it hit the curb, where I found it). I understand how to run the primer line but the one...
2
2

Short grounding wires
An open basement ceiling has an octagonal box that serves (and has) the basement ceiling lights with three conductors coming in/out of it, and the copper grounding wires were wrapped around the metal...
9
9

Latex or enamel for covered porch ?
I am sanding down a covered porch down to bare wood, and I am going to paint it. It is a "covered" porch in that it has a roof over it, but it is not fully protected, as it has open sides. So, it does...
5
5

Chimney questions
I own a property that has a brick chimney that extends maybe 10 feet or so above where it comes through the roof at the back of the house. The property that I own is a "twin" home -- meaning two...
17
17

OT: Airline Seat Cushion
Hi, We are buying property overseas. This will require flights of several hours each way. My behind cannot tolerate more than about two hours in an airplane seat. Is there a comfortable and easily...
25
25