Subject Author Posted Replies

There are 4 wires in the box
Put a big piece of copper to replace the main fuse, that should do it. Being drunk helps.
8
8

Alzheimers Alcoholics
Do Alcoholic AA members with Alzheimers forget they are in AA and sometimes drink? Are they banned from AA for doing so?
2
2

Shower handle wont turn
This house had the shower pipe capped (no head). There are three handles on the tub diverter. Hot - Cold - Shower (center one). The former owner told the new owner they never used showers, just the...

Chimney - is repair possible?
I own a property that has a badly damaged chimney. My guess is that the only real option is to have a new chimney built to replace it. But, just in case, I thought that I would post here to see if...
37
37

OT Surgery prices.
From Carpe Diem: CARPE DIEM: Markets in Everything: Market-Based, Deeply-Discounted Surgery for Cash, Payable in Advance
99
99

WAY OT ~ Vanguard funds
I've got to put some money (> $5k but less than $10k) in a IRA to avoid Fed income taxes Anyone have a suggestion on which Vanguard fund they would pick? Sorry for the OT post and my lack of $...
38
38

Is there a tool to fix deformed male hose ends
Seems no matter how much I try to avoid stepping on or driving over the ends of hoses, they manage to get deformed. Once that happens, there is no way to screw anything onto them. Most of the time...
8
8

Kitchen Countertop ReDo
The county where I live changed the water last year and everybody has calcium/lime deposits all over the place. I have Wilsonart laminate kitchen countertops....installed in 2003. The place behind the...
6
6

Cleaning stove top
I have a gas stove that gets baked on stains around one of the burners (the one that's used most for frying). I have tried Fantastik, 409, and Magic Erasers and I still can't get all of the stain off....
2
2

How does a trichlor chlorinator work?
I have an inground plaster pool, currently chlorinated by floating ducks, and would like to install an automatic chlorinator - an "off-line" chlorinator that connects to the main pool lines through...
4
4

Translation please - what do you think "as long as your phone be zombie" means?
These instructions came with a phone calling card to be used to keep in touch with my friend who's going to China for several months. This is the part I can't quite understand (as long as your phone...
21
21

That was quick!
Interior painting job. I had to clean the walls and ceiling in one room formerly occupied by a heavy smoker for 25 years. I attacked the job with a sponge mop and a TSP solution. After about an hour -...
27
27

Sluggish bathtube drain
I been fighting this one beast, forever! Been using red bottle Drano cleaner: Works, slightly, fer 6-7 wks, then slows down again. I must say, the tub never really drains very well. Even with fresh...
28
28

Burglar alarms and home security
Because of a recent burglary, I am going to install an alarm system in my single-family ranch home (no basement)that I reside in alone. The street is a quiet, family-oriented one (no loud cars, boom...
78
78

How is Good Friday (tommorrow) treated in the USA?
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day. In other words, there are "bank" holidays and then there are...
16
16