Latest threads in Lawnshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

18 hp Kholer engine model cv492 runs for a bit then starts to blow alot of smoke before quiting. Problem repeats after restart
As I am restarting my mower, and after restar it continues to blow smoke and then eventually dies. What is the problem and what can I do?

I cannot feel resistance at all when I press the primer. The eingine will start if I pour gas directly into the carbureator.
Once the engine is cold, it will not start again. There is plenty of spark.

My craftsman mower will not charge
Craftsman lawn tractor with Briggs and Stratton motor will not charge battery

riding mower cutting problem - mohawk on lawn
recently, my riding lawn mower is leaving mohawk on the lawn. Right in the middle of the mowing path, after 1 pass, 1 strip of glass about half an inch wide is left standing. Anyone had this...
2
2

lt1000 starting problems
A friends Craftsman LT1000 riding lawnmower is dead at the key. He has replaced the key switch, battery, and tested each of the safety switches without any success. We tested the relay and it is...

is it possible to over fill the gas tank on my weedeater xt300 model
i filled it right to the top and i noticed fuel was dripping from the small screened hole in the centre of the cap.
4
4

My LT1000 dies once you let out the clutch--HELP
No further details provided
2
2

craftsman LTX 1000 model 422707 type 1208 02 code 87120312 twin 2 18hp
I have no fuel to the crub if i put gas in the crub it will run
2
2

weed trimmer's string keeps breaking. Bad trimmer, line or I just don't do it right?
I spend more time replacing the line than actually trimming grass. Sometimes the string is just gone and sometimes I find 1-2-3 foot pieces of it in the grass. Do I need a better line or what?
2
2

when do you fertilize the lawn?
Half of the sources I read (and that includes TV ads, too :) say in fall, the other half - in spring. What would you guys recommend and is there really a universal answer or should I look for some...
14
14