I replaced my battery cable for my craftsman lawn tractor. Tractor starts without ignition turned on?

I attached positive terminal first and then when I went to contact the ground engine turned over?
Should I have attached negative first?
Reply to
luke
It sounds like you connected the new positive cable to the wrong side of the solenoid, effectively bypassing it (the solenoid). When you touch the negative cable to the battery you have a complete high current start circuit.
Reply to
disqus_1UaB9KMYSv
the solenoid switch can blow just buy hooking up the new battery.its easy to get and easy to install.pay close att to the way the wires hook up.happy mowing .
Reply to
renosimington

Site Timeline Threads

  • after starting by jumping with my car my 15/5 kohler quits when I remove cables...

    Lawn Mowers