Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Weeds in lawn
I am new to the site and gardening for that matter. My lawn is dow about 18months now and while there is good grass there is also a hug amount of weeds. My question, is there anything I can put on the...
2
2

Brown Patches and Red Thread
I found this forum while looking for "Red Thread", but the post was fro 2005. Is anybody else suffering from red thread? It seems to have taken hold on many lawns here in the south east ove the past...
1
1

Can you use sand to level lawn?
I live in NE Alabama and our extreme drought has caused many sunk in holes or depressions in my yard. I have access to a couple of free, small truckloads of left over leveling sand, the kind used in...
5
5

Gardens at diff house directions
plain gardens without tress at '*northeast* ( 'North' ('East( very effective for humanbeings according to Vastu Sastra. garden covering with Big trees sholud be maintained at 'west ( 'South-west' (...

1st cut for newly seeded lawn - what Mower Type?
Hi All, Well, I am at that point where the first cut is required, and I don' want to pull up the grass shoots, so what mower type is needed? recall seeing a thread that detailed a rotary mower, but...
8
8

Neem oil and/or manure - good for lawn?
My lawn is being eaten alive by a very aggressive fungus - stem scum, I think. Would neem oil fix the problem? Is cow manure, or horse manure good for a lawn? It sure is cheap enough.
1
1

Mower problems
I have a Craftsman mower with a 6.5 hp B&S motor. It didn't want to start this season. It has good fresh fuel and I tried a new plug. When I pull the cord there is nothing. When I pulled the plug it...
14
14

Ride-on from the states
I have just bought a new John Deere LA115 from a dealer in Long Islan USA, just wondering if anyone knows if anything has to be changed o the mower to run over here. I heard that the spark plugs might...

Mosquito solution anyone?
It's a small yard but there seems to be a ton of mosquitos. I think they're the Asian Tiger type since they have stripes and the bite isn't too irritating. There isn't any standing water around. They...

Specs for a Turfmaster ...
Just came into the possession of a Turfmaster riding mower w/12.5 Brigs. I need to find some specs so that I can find part and/or repair. A manual that could be downloaded would be cool. Thanks

Tomato Planting
We live in an area with a long growing season our last frost in late April & first frost in November. We planted a portion of our garden right before the heavy spring rains hit nad they drowned the...
3
3

Covering/Removing a Lawn
Hi, I have moved into a new house (new to me - NOT new) and the back law is a disaster, it is more like a field, lumpy, big clogs, uneven etc No amount of cutting will make it good. I want to convert...
3
3

sharpening lawn mower blades
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but its new to me. My neighbor just discovered that you can do a great job of sharpening lawn mower blades with those cheap hand held knife...
4
4

small slugs
Small slugs are attacking my Strawberries Is it too late for this year, or can I save the rest of the crop? Thanks Stan

MTD 504 - Can you help ?
Hi, Not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but can anyone help me get a manual for a MTD 504 ride on mower ? Ive bought one, and it needs the drive belt adjusting / changing. (can you recommend a...
1
1