Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help!, my spathiphyllum has holes!
I looks like someone held a lighter under the leaves. Brown spots develop on the edges or the middle of the leaves. I can see no obvious bugs or mold. Otherwise it's doing fine, with new leaves and...
1
1

Gardena Style Hose Fittings
Where can I buy the "male" ones by themselves. All the harware stores want to sell me their packaged kits with four fittings - of which I only need one.
1
1

Help! My new lawn is dying!
Hi Guys, I laid a brand new lawn about two months ago, using turf from a reputable dealer. I cleared and levelled the ground, and laid the turf on top. I carefully watered it every couple of days....
8
8

Nice, crisp edging for beds
I put some fairly extensive beds into my yard. As the budget allows I'm filling with plant material. At some point I'd like to put in permanent metal edging, but can't swing it right now. In the...

Dixon 424 Wiring diagram
Could someone email me the wiring diagram for the dixon ztr 424 mower..I really need one bad..Thanks for your time..My email is

Re: Bad Solenoid on riding mower? --> Blown Rod!
After it died, I checked the oil, and it was so low that it wouldn't even register on the dipstick (don't ask). The local mower repair shop owner is telling me that it has a blown rod, that no short...
4
4

Lawn Sprinklers
Before I even tell my wife I'm thinking of putting in lawn sprinklers...does anyone have a rough estimate on how much systems costs? The area I want to have sprinklered is about 8,000 square feet. I...
7
7

Black & Decker Cordless Electric Mower
I have a CMM1000 cordless lawnmower and I beleive it needs a new battery. Black & Decker's web site and their service dept have been no help. The battery is a 24 volt gel-cell. Anybody got an idea...
1
1

sealed hydrostatic transmission failing
I bought a 17 hp murray in 1999 with a foot operated hydrostatic transmission. My wife has put 400 hours on the mower, so far. This summer, my wife was complaining that it wouldn't climb hills. It...

Ammonium nitrate
My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn. He said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also...
5
5

Re: Bad soil, mad wife, help !
What I did with my red clay yard that was rock hard and wouldn't perk. I found a horse stable about 5 miles from where I live that had a large pile of well rotted stable cleanings - free for the...
1
1

Lawn Tractor - help buying
Hi, I have about 1/2 acre to mow with several obstacles, but mostly flat. I am looking to purchase a lawn tractor. I have looked at MTD, Craftsman, John Deere and Kubota - all of which I can get parts...
5
5

Electrical Issue with Sprinkler System
I have a five zone sprinkler system that includes a controller (Richdel model 446PR) and a pump that pulls water from our backyard pond. The controller can turn the pump on and off by toggling a relay...

Re: What is a Sun Star plant?
I think I have the same tag.
1
1

Crabgrass
I understand that Crabgrass Preventives are supposed to be applied in early Spring and that they work by sealing the soil surface so that the seeds don't germinate. I live in the SW corner of...
2
2