Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: SPA Help
Go to a cheapo store and buy a cheapo spa, and that is what you get. I own two Catalina Spas. After educating myself regarding spas, I wouldn't own anything else. We have a local guy who buys and...
3
3

hot water recirculator, instant hot water but not a water heating unit, saves water, gas, time, money
Tired of waiting for hot water to arrive at your faucet? Don't be fooled by imitations who claim to deliver hot water and save energy. Check for temperature probe which senses the hot water not just...
1
1

Castor bean erradication
There has been a small invasion of wild castor beans that needs to be nipped in the bud. Are there any special considerations/steps with regards to removing them from the property? How easy are they...
3
3

Re: I have to cut the lawn today, again
Dearest Mr. Hole: Do you live in outer Mongolia? Everyplace I've ever lived (even Orlando, where a cow can die on a road bordering farm land and no one gives a flying crap until long after the birds...
9
9

Re: Catching Snails?
Well, here in the South of France, after the rare occasion s when it rains, all the locals are to be seen wearing wellies and carrying carrier bags collecting snails. Let them "clean themselves out",...
3
3

ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings
Folks: I'm looking for a good quality hose reel with brass fittings. I've had 3 or 4 of the plastic reels (purchased at home depot, sears, & menards) and they all end up breaking after a year or so....
3
3

How to remove glue? Marine Goop
I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG.. way TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how? Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work? NB
7
7

weed eater attatchments
I have seen two different ones advertised on tv that claim to use heavy cord and do a great job at whacking weeds. Anyone use them? Thanks!

NE Florida Lawn advice - help
I live in Jacksonville, Florida. Tempuratures are into the upper 90's on most days lately. I applied weed and feed earlier in the year and then atrizine(sp) during April when tempuratures were within...

Re: Lawn weed.Pesky!!
Looks like field violet. Selective herbicides won't do the job, as you have already discovered. You can either start digging or try dabbing pure, undiluted roundup on the leaves with a Q-tip. I have...
1
1

Ameri Willow
Wondering if anyone has planted any Amer Willow tree's? They claim to be fast growing and great for a quick privacy screen Growth rate - 6-8 feet per year. Thanks, Colt

Conifers as privacy screen
What conifers will work as a privacy screen. Would like a medium to fast grower that will not get taller than 25 feet. Area is North Central Texas. Thank you, Ron Blocher

Possible to repair Hunter PGP heads?
I have a sprinkler system with 4 zones and a mix of mainly Hunter PGP heads (90%) and some Toro heads that have been running forever according to my neighbor who was around when the system got...

repairing lawn
We have 3 lots, all about 1/4 acre each. Our home is one the lot to the north, the other 2 are to the south of us and are vacant. I mow everything weekly, the lots are full of trees, shrubs, etc. Some...

Watering Lawns
A few days ago there was a lengthy discussion about how often lawns needed to be watered. My current lawn, small monkey grass (liriope), the kind that has fine blades and grows to about 8 inches, was...
3
3