Witch Grass?

I am plagued with a weed that I think is called witch grass. It is an extremely hardy weed that has the characteristic of having very long 'stringers' that thread through the grass to very long lengths (sometimes 12" or so). The weed looks terrible. I have even seen evidence that it is strong enough to penetrate my asphalt driveway. Wow!

Anyway, what anyone suggest that I do? Anything now? Or must I wait until this winter or even next spring?

Thanks

Jethro

Reply to
Jethro

I don't think its witch grass, if there are stringers then most likely its crab grass. What does the seed pod look like? A bird foot or more like an explosion?

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for response.

I pulled a few 'stringers', and have them in front of me. I don't see any of what I would consider to be 'seed pods', but the stringers have growths on them that indeed look like bird feet to me.

So, if crab grass, what should I do? Wait and use pre-emergent killer next spring? Apply something now?

Jethro

Reply to
Jethro