Weed control question for the group.

I have a very large property, long driveway and alot of brick pattio that has gotten really out of control with weed overgrowth.

Is there a super-concentrated chemical that I can buy to mix with water that will kill the weeds in the driveway and between the bricks but leave the grass alone?

remember...big property, and I need a concentrate that won't bleed my wallet dry.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

First, there is no silver bullet that is going to eliminate your weed problem *right now*. However, through the proper application of weed killers and pre-emergents, you can reduce the problem in the short term, and all but eliminate it long term.

There are plenty of broad leaf weed killers that come in hose end applicators. They typically do 10 - 15,000 sf per container at a cost of $6-7-$8/ container. Apply now then again in 2-3 weeks and you'll see a huge reduction in broadleaf weeds.

Also, hit the area with a pre-emergent now and again in early fall so any residual seeds won't sprout.

A couple of years of this type treatment and you'll be down to the occasional spot-control effort.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright