bulbs

I have just had a house built last year and where I used to live I had a garden of daffodil bulbs. I still have access to them and would like to move them to the new location. Can I move them now? They have already bloomed and died. All that is left is the green stems. I know you need to leave the green foliage on so the bulbs can get nourishment from the sun. Any ideas? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
raizn4kids

After the leaves and stems of my daffodil turned brown last summer, I dug up the bulbs, separated the bulblets from the mother bulbs and put them all in a cardboard box in my garage. I replanted all of them last fall and leaves began coming up a week or two ago.

Reply to
Doug G

Good question.

If I might add to it, is it preferred to store bulbs through the summer in a basement or garage (as Doug G suggests) or leave them in the ground? I live in North Carolina - zone 7.

Thanks! Frank

Reply to
Squanklin