Unusual little buggers

For the last few days I have noticed little white critters drifting in the air, in the evening. At first I thought it was just drifting ash from someone's fire. They are snow white, with little wings, antennae, and small fibers all over making them look like fluff. They don't seem to be so much as flying as drifting on the air currents. I assume they eat vegetation. We have a lot of Oaks and Hickories, with a large stand of Pine across the road. I don't know if they are coming out of the trees or where. Anyone got an idea what they are and what they will attack?

Reply to
nada

Some type of wooly aphid, I suspect. There are a number of species with different hosts.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz