True Temper wheel barrow

Bought one the other day unassembled. There is a cross brace that goes between the 2 legs that isn't shaped correctly - and the wheel wobbles cause the axle is too small in diameter. I checked the Home Depot assembled ones and they are all the same.

I got an argument from customer service so I used the cross brace as is but the wheel wobble would drive me nuts. I happened to have a small piece of roof flashing that I had saved - .017 (seventeen thousands) thick. I cut a small piece to wrap around the axle - and wallah - the wobble is gone. I called customer service to tell them of the fix but I could tell by the questions the rep asked that he had very little idea what I was talking about. I would assume they get calls regularly about the wobble problem - you would think they would correct it.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

True Temper makes several grades of wheelbarrows & if you buy 1 from a big box store You will most likely get mixed up parts. What you got was a cheap model with a higher price model's wheel that uses a larger axle. I would insist on all the correct parts for the one you paid for.

Tom J

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Reply to
Tom J

That's not the way the "service rep" explained it.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

How did he explain it to convince you to take a bunch of mis-matched parts??

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

maybe if you bought from Sears.. and avoided ten inch pine sticks..... Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

Hey - I now have a grandson working at Sears. But he hasn't improved any of their products yet. (I don't remember seeing any wheelbarrows in the local Sears.)

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

They sell 'um but not in store..

Does that mean you can get a discount now? that would be handy! Their parts locator on the site is really nice, instead of having a washer or dryer fixed, I pull the part and order it, no matter the manufacturer. Sorry don't wanna be accused of SPAM..

-- Dandux Wheelbarrow Loadumper 6 Cubic ft. Sears item# 07199612000 Mfr. model# D49 42062F

  • Online only
  • In stock

WHEELBARROW LOADUMPER 6 CU FT $189.99

Ergonomically engineered easy dumping, stress saving cart. No lifting required to haul. Replaces wheelbarrows and carts. Heavy duty, non corrosive polyethylene tub. Powder coated, reust resistant, all steel tube chassis. 6 cu. Ft.

Overall Rating 5 out of 5 5 5

1 of 1 (100%) customers would recommend this product to a friend.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 5 March 7, 2008 By Drewman from Balitmore, MD

"I've owned my Loadumper for years. It is by far the best cart I've ever owned. Easy to move loads without lifting - and the dump feature is amazing! I'd say whatever age or gender you are, this is the cart for all your outdoor chores. I've used it for firewood, gravel, mulch soil, planting trees - you name it."

Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

$190 - you must be kidding - that's for contractors only (or the wealthy like you). I was talking the $30 homeowners model which was only a couple dollars more than replacing the wheel on my old wheelbarrow.

btw, "Ergonomically engineered" got my attention. The marketing people at Big Blue like to use that terminology and I , as "truth-in-advertising" monitor. always enjoyed requesting them to document proof of their claims.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko