Snowblower attached

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Yep. We put the plow and spreader on the old GMC at work. It don't look like much, but it's amazing what a cam can do for a work truck. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Gravel driveway?

Reply to
Steveo

Or most any vehicle for that matter. :) I'm putting my blade on the truck next week..time has come.

Reply to
Steveo

I swapped plenty of cams in cars, when I was younger. But, this one suprised me. I never thought of hopping up a work truck. *shrug* Plus, they just spent a small fortune on maintenance (exhaust, brakes, etc). It's runnin SWEET! =) I too say, "Bring on the snow!"

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I use a towing cam to drag my travel trailer around and it seems to have more bottom end because of it. (low end torque) I can't say it has improved the fuel mileage though. It's a 1 ton 4x4 pickup truck so I didn't purchase it for fuel economy. It's a mule that plows the snow in my driveway in the off season. Let it snow. :)

Reply to
Steveo

Unfortunatley yes. But with the skids I don't throw too many stones. And I keep a good grip on the lever that raises and lowers the business end. It also has a "stop" before the "stop" - so when I lower it, it can still go further if I push against a spring resistense. I usually don't blow the first snow. I try to wait till the ground is hard and there is some cold crunchy cover.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Sounds like you have it dialed in, Sarge.

Reply to
Steveo

on 11/30/2007 4:32 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:

I looked at all the leaves on my lawn and backyard, and all the leaves that had not fallen yet, including a 50' pin oak that had all its leaves still attached, and wondered, should I take off the mower and attach the blower, or wait? Last year, these leaves would all be on the lawn by now, but this year, with temps at 65º F on Thanksgiving day, I said F**K it and put the blower on.. Otherwise, this global warming is great!

Reply to
willshak

Me too. My Case 222 all gassed up, chains on, weight on the back and snowblower all hooked up. New Vanguard V Twin 16hp raring to go. We expect 12+ inches Monday. Bring it on!

Reply to
Broderick Crawford

I've waxed the show shovels, and reminded Kathy she only has two hours to clear the driveway or she gets a beat'n. Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

I heard a different story - I heard she wears the pants in your family and you better shape up LOL

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Oh it's a whole pants suit :-p

Clark...