Roundup Question ?

I have a small flower planting area of about 25 sq. ft. When I plant flowers in it each summer, the weeds come up so bad, I can keep up with weeding it each week. (I also much about 3 or 4 inches, but that doesn't stop these weeds).

Before I plant flowers, if I soak the ground with Roundup, how long would I have to wait to plant the flowers ?

thanks !!

James

Reply to
James

Roundup works only when it touchs folage. Soaking the ground doesn't do anything for weed control. You have to wait until the weeds come above ground to have any effect with Roundup. I usually wait 7-10 days after roundup before planting.

Reply to
Johnl

Why would you "soak the ground with Roundup"?

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Thanks for replies.... I should clarify.... I spent several hours pulling as many of the weeds out as I could... but, many roots and small weed shoots just pull off at ground level. I thought that soaking the ground would reach these shoot that were left, and by systemic action, kill the weed plant.

Next time, I will just spray round up on the full weeds, let them die off, and then pull them out.

James

Reply to
James

Bingo! Except you probaly won't pull anything out. Just pull rake away the dead foliage. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly