Putting Snowblower Away For Season: Best Approach ?

Hello:

First time I've had a snowblower. Will be putting it away for the season, now.

Regarding the best approach to take with the gas that is still in the tank:

Thinking about it a bit, I guess there are 3 possibilities -

a. Put some Stab-Oil in the tank, and just run it all dry. Any small amount of gas left in the Carb would presumably have some Stab-Oil in it.

b. Again with Stab-Oil in tank, but this time just close the fuel shut-off c*ck and run until it stops. There might be a fair amount of gas left in the tank with this approach.

c. Just put some Stab-Oil in tank, run it for few minutes, and leave alone. With this approach, the gas in the Carb would (probably) not be depleted, and any seals would remain wet. Read somewhere that this might be good, as dried out seals are bad news.

d. Or,... ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Bob, I like "C" dried out seals are bad. Don't forget to pull the battery and charge it periodicly during the off season. Scrub off all the salt. Also spray a preservative (WD-40 at least) on all the bare metal.

Reply to
gonefishn

I vote "A".

What does your manual say?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

That's a good place to look. With mine, I add stablilizer, then run it dry.

Reply to
trader4

I'm on my 18th year with my lawn tractor. I have never run it dry because that lets the gaskets and diaphragms in the carburetor get hard and crack, producing leaks. I haven't had any problems at all of that nature. Same with my chainsaw and my string trimmer.

Robert11 wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

It's an age old argument.