Pre-treat weeds with soapy water before spraying weed killer? (2023 Update)

On 07/14/2014 02:15 AM, philo wrote:>

Yep. A number of years ago I used some of the Weed-B-Gon on my yard to get rid of a dandelion infestation. While it worked well, I noticed that the local squirrels were acting a bit strange for a few weeks afterwards. In the following years, I noticed a similar behavior pattern near other neighbors who used the products.

Now I just go out and pull the weeds every once in awhile. You can pick a lot of weeds in a half an hour (literally hundreds of them), and it's more satisfying to get the chance to kill them up close and personal anyway. Like any "dirty job", I just put on some working clothes and gloves and have at it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I don't use enough roundup to make it a real concern. I don't have a lot of area (on a sq. footage basis) to nuke of all plant life. Due to political retardation, concentrated roundup is not available at the retail level where I am.

You can buy concentrated roundup that comes in a pump sprayer?

Reply to
HomeGuy

I reformat ALL of the text that I quote so that it remains properly formatted.

AND - for those dumb-ass full-quoters, you shouldn't be dragging the same text through multiple chain-replies anyways. These are not email conversations were having. This is usenet, where the entire thread is ALWAYS AVAILABLE and there is NO NEED TO DRAG OLD TEXT INTO SEVERAL GENERATIONS OF REPLIES.

Reply to
HomeGuy

the squirrels were acting squirrelly? How so?

Reply to
Pico Rico

Squirrels acting strange?

Is there a punch line or was that it?

Reply to
Dan Espen

So, why is there not a foot of rock salt along the side of the road?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That probably runs down the gutter to the lake. But when the Romans were putting an end to their enemies' foolishness, they salted their fields. If they can't grow, they can't eat, and if they can't eat, they can't be a nuisance to the Romans.

Reply to
Pico Rico

How does a squirrel act strange?

Did you spray your neighbor?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Aw, nuts. You asked before me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

HomeGuy"

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I add liquid soap (dish soap) to the weed killer.

Reply to
CarlAlan