New Lawn

I bought a house where the lawn has been let go. We live in a very dry area with a drought (Colorado) and I want to bring the lawn back. I would rather do so with seed. The existing lawn is dead sod with weeds that have been mowed down. There is top soil about 6 inches down from previous owner. I was going to rototill the current mess up, rake it out, put down seed this Spring and water the heck out of it. Any recommendations to that plan?

Reply to
PlanetDan