Milky Spore by Mailorder

I keep wanting to try this stuff but it is not cheap and there is considerable price variation between different vendors. Can anyone recommend a mailorder source? Thanks.

Reply to
Dave

I got mine from a local hardware store, but I've head good things about

and their customer service.

BTW, you migh consider whey type of milky spore you get. The orginial was a power that you applied a small amount every several inches. This took a while. The stuff I found was the spore was embedded into a desolving clay granual(kitty litter like). You take it and spread it like fertilizer. Easier and less back breaking.

hth,

tom

****************
*********************************** Our Latest site:
- Hospital Jobs Classifieds. *******************************************************************************
Reply to
newsgroups01REMOVEME

Reply to
J.Caldwell

Sounds lke you are doing the neigbhor hood a favor. If your land is treated, the beetles can lay all they want, but the grubs on your land will die too soon before they do any damage. So, all you're doing with those traps is spending money and being neighborly.

Good luck,

tom

****************
*********** Our Latest site:
newsgroups01REMOVEME

Be sure you don't use any other grub control after you put down your milky spore bacteria. You have to let the grubs feed on the spore, and then die from milky disease for it to start working.

If you have had bad grub problems you may want to consider Merit, or Mach II. Right now would be the time to apply those.

Milky Spore takes -lots- of patience, and crossing your fingers. :)

Reply to
Steveo

You are right, directions recommend two years of 'seeding' the ground with the granular stuff. Right now my house is being pelted with beetles, and they are crawling all over my trees. And it hasn't been two full years yet, so I suspect my grass is going to take some damage this fall. :(

later,

tom

****************
*********** Our Latest site:
newsgroups01REMOVEME

You may end up having to 'seed' with grass seed a few times, before you have accumulated enough dead grubs to protect your soil. Every grub that dies from the milky disease contibutes to the spore population of your soil. two full years yet, so I suspect my grass is going to take some damage

How big are your lawn areas? (sq ft)

Reply to
Steveo

Very small, so any 'damage' looks significant. 5000sq-ft

later,

tom

****************
*********** Our Latest site:
newsgroups01REMOVEME

YORE DOOMED!

Reply to
Steveo

Ha ha ha, I think you're right.

Today I'm being invaded by brown and metalic beetles. Even thought my lawn should be fully protected next year from grubs, my trees and plants are being attacked. :(

As you can tell from my lot size, I don't have many trees also.

boo hoo hooo

later,

tom

***************** Check Us Out *****************
Bringing back low-cost online car ads to the web!
Reply to
newsgroups01REMOVEME

Is the milky spore doing the protection?

Liquid sevin works well if the beetles are really making a mess of your ornamentals.

Reply to
Steveo

Not a tree hugger, but I'm kinda leary with using pestisides. Especially ones that will require me to continueously apply them.

Gunna break down and hang in my neighbors yard tonight a bag-a-bug trap. Might draw them away from my tree. :(

later,

tom

*********** Our Latest site:
newsgroups01REMOVEME