Leaning Tree of Pisa...

Hello All,

We went through a tough storm a few weeks ago up here in the Great Pacific NorthWET. One of my evergreen trees which had a crooked trunk has taken on a lean. It's leaning into my neighbors trees.

I do not want to cut it down and I think since the root ball didn't pull all the way out of the ground that I can save this tree. I want to stake the tree. What I'm looking for is something similar to an "auger stake" the kind that is used for dogs to be tied up to in a yard (but larger). Any clues as to where I can find such an animal?

Thanks, Steve Banks

Reply to
Steven Banks

Lowes or Home Depot both have em.

Reply to
Bubba

I'd use a winch or "come-a-long" the pull it over straight before I stake it.

If there is nothing to pull against, park a truck and pull against the bumper. For additional safety, drape several blankets across the cable to prevent whipping in event it parts under strain.

Larry

Truly unique creations for Home and Yard

Reply to
Larry

Thanks guys, actually what I was looking for are the auger type screws but of a more "industrial" length and diameter. The aluminum ones for dos are good for just that. I did find an anchor system called Duckbills that would do the job but think I just might have to go the route of an arborist. Thanks though.

Steve Banks

Reply to
Steven Banks