Lawn Mower Blade Sharpening?

depends on what ya mean by "quickly"...

Oscar_Lives wrote:

Reply to
benzette

bench grinders with round wheels is a bit more difficult unless you can master holding the blade at the precise angle everytime...

I dont have a bench grinder so I use a sharpening stone specifically made for sharpening lawnmower blades that fit into drill motors/ cordless drills.

Also I have an attachment for Dremel tools that are specifially made for sharpening lawnmower blades. The Dremel attachment isn't quite as good since it is hard to menuver the attachment around the part of the lawnmower blade which is bent up for air deflection.

I nice new flat file would be the better way to go if you have the time.

James wrote:

Reply to
benzette

take a new lawnmower blade... it is usually painted black. Take your grinder or file and grind the edge so that the paint is filed off evenly. The new shiney edge should be even and straight exactly at the same angle of the blade edge.

So > I already have a grinder, and a vise. What I am asking for is the > technique. >

Reply to
benzette