getting rid of rust on the lawn

I've been told by my garden centre guy that I've got rust on my lawn. He's given me ant killer as he reckons this is the cause - not over watering or lack of nutrients. I've followed the instructions yet have seen no improvement (over 2 months) Nor have I seen many ants! The symptoms are as follows, the blades of the grass get small marks on them and then seem to lose their colour until finally dying. I have two variants of lawn and only the Kikuyu lawn seems affected whereas the Buffalo isn't effected at all.

Does this sound like lawn rust? Any idea as to what I can do to over come the problem. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, Suzie.

Reply to
Suzie

Don't know if it is rust or not. When you walk through the grass with white tennis shoes, does the front of them turn orange? That is a sure sign of rust. Rust is a common signal of low nitrogen. I would fertilize.

Reply to
Drew Jaegle