Garden woes

Hello all,
My first post to the forum and I'm new to the garden world,
My wife and I have recently moved into our dream property after living
in a two bedroom flat for x amount of years, the whole plot stands on
about an acre, it's a 3 bedroom semi with a plot of land, the PO had
horses and I've inherited a nice m?nage and set of 3 stables.
Over the winter there was a lot of rain and the ground became sodden, to
add to my troubles the land at the end of mine is used for horses.....13
of them 😏 who broke through the fence on several occasions over
the winter to eat my nice grass which was lush, as you can imagine I was
less than impressed and the garden now looks like a battle field
😡 The owner of the horses was unphased by the whole scenario and
blamed me for having an old fence 😄🤔.
How can I get my garden back to how it was, do I need to re-turf or use
some sort of machinery, do I get landscape gardeners in, I'm at a loss
guys, can you help please
Reply to
Chairhead
rake it even and let it grow. it should recover just fine. keep it mowed regularly.
songbird
Reply to
songbird
I'd say it is up to the horse owner to keep them in, not for you to keep them out. I would hold him liable for damages.
Reply to
Frank
Thanks for the reply But a rake would be lost in the divots caused by the horses,,the grass is really churned up and it's a huge area to rake 😳😳
Reply to
Chairhead
then i would take it up with the neighbor as that is a large amount of damage and it is his responsibility.
songbird
Reply to
songbird
Agree. I'm having trouble picturing this. He says it's an acre, then that there are 3 stables?
Without at least some pics of the damage, hard to say what to do. If it's not torn up real bad, then just applying some fertilizer and waiting a month or two could solve it. If it's damaged badly, how long were those invading horses there and why didn't he tell the neighbor to remove them immediately?
Reply to
trader4
- -
There are pics if you look at my previous post 🤓🤓 yes it's about an acre plot with stables.
I don't know if you've read my OP and the subsequent ones to that?
Reply to
Chairhead
I posted the pics on #6 but here they are again, the fence splits the property boundaries and unless there is a party agreement ( which there isn't) it's nobody's responsibility, I'm really not interested in who's at fault as I know he is responsible in part at least but he hasn't the balls to cough,
What I am interested in is how to repair the lawn, what methods will I have to use, a rake would be out of the question, looking at the grass do I rotavate, roll, relay, reseed?, is now the time to repair or put new lawn down.
'[image:
'

'[image:
'

Reply to
Chairhead

😳😳-
'
'
I think you're a wise chairhead to just take care of it and avoid all the legal nonsense. Can you rent a garden tractor with a rake?
Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney
Just saw the pics. If you're in no big hurry, it will recover and even out on it's own. If you want fast results, rent an "over-seeder" also known as a slit-seeder. It's a piece of powered eqpt that's used to apply seed to established turf. It has a row of powered discs in front, spaced a few inches apart, that cut grooves in the soil, then seed drops in behind. Those discs will cut up and break down some of those clumps and putting some quality seed down will help too. The thing will fit in the back of a decent size SUV. Or call a lawn service company and pay them to do it. The neighbor should be paying the bill anyway.
Reply to
trader4

Site Timeline Threads