DR field and brush

Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I remember that commercial but I haven't seen it lately, what do/did they sell for new?

Reply to
Steveo

Various models - an 18hp goes for about $2600. I see one used for $1200 or bo. I'll probably call this weekend.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

home page

and Brush page

and prices page

I bought their 13hp chipper for my tree service operation. anything over 4.5 inches is actually firewood and is incorporated as raw material into my firewood operation. their chipper actually works very well. the only issue I have with the down chute model is you have to make sure to clear the chip pile every so often or you'll get one heck of a backup. my issue is no fault of the operation and function of the machine, it has more to do with the operator not paying attention to the chip pile reaching the chute and stopping the out flow..

Reply to
Jim

Heck yeah if you need one, that seems fair running well.

Reply to
Steveo

No no no, you want a Craftsman DYS 4500 lawn tractor to clear that out, oh wait you might hit a dandelion and bend a blade, nevermind.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

Good to see ya still got the sense of humor.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

on 8/3/2007 8:24 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:

How often do you think you would have to trim brush along your woods roads? How about a rental?

Reply to
willshak

Funny you should ask. I was at a Simplicity dealer an hour ago. Their similar machine is $85 per day - and I would need it for a whole day. I said just along the woods road but there are a few other spots I would use it also.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

on 8/4/2007 2:28 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:

I saw those commercials and they were just cutting high grass and weeds. I figured it was only needed once. After that, a good mower could take care of it on a regular basis.

Reply to
willshak

Kinda like when ya buy a power washer to clean the house. Then you notice what it does for concrete. Then you notice they make a car soap for the machine, so you do all of your vehicles. Then you run outta things to blast, and depression sets in. Ya, it's prolly best to rent that brush cutter so you don't get severly depressed. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

If I feed the homeless, love my neighbors and speak for world peace - do you think I could take it with me ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko