Does seed form on long grass?

My grass is getting long and I notice what looks like seeds forming on the ends? Is this what it is? And if so, will it eventually thicken the grass, if some of that seed falls into the soil?

Thanks, Mick

Reply to
squeakingmousebark

My grass is getting long and I notice what looks like seeds forming on the ends? Is this what it is? And if so, will it eventually thicken the grass, if some of that seed falls into the soil?

Thanks, Mick

Reply to
squeakingmousebark

How long?

It sounds like an annual grass, Mick. A grass weed to most people here in Ohio.

Reply to
Steveo