Critters

In today's local paper:

not make sense that we can trap animals as long as we don't kill or relocate them. I mentioned in previous post that I trapped skunk and DE Fish and Wildlife would have nothing to do with it since it was not a game animal. Foxes are protected species because rich fox hunters want to chase them and don't want them killed. Three miles from here, in PA, foxes are treated like vermin. My experience with state bureaucracy is you usually have to go around them to get things done ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank

on 8/4/2007 8:38 AM Frank said the following:

If you live capture all the critters and keep them in your house, the local SPCA will come and take them away from/for you.

Reply to
willshak

If you read a previous post, you will know that last critter I caught was a skunk and her 4 kids would not leave the area. My wife thought they were really cute but I don't believe she would have invited them in to live with us.

Reply to
Frank

I knew a couple who's kids caught an kept slunk, more than once. They were not descented. I have no idea what possess such folks.

Reply to
tsi-yu

Knock, knock! Anyone home??? Yeah Frank, I answered with kudos for not killing them. The above is my attempt at humor.

Reply to
willshak

I know and my response was supposed to be humorous. I hear that descented skunks are good pets but local nature center had one in a cage and after it scratched someone it was tested and found to be rabid. I do have friends and neighbors that trap then kill the animals which I would not do. My original message was to say that if you are allowed to trap the animals but not kill or relocate them it makes no sense. I suspect error in article which is normal for most news media ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank