Craftsman 16" Reel Grass Catcher Attachment

Hi All, My father recently gifted me his Craftsman 16# reel mower and grass catcher. The problem is that he doesn't have the manual any more and I'm having a bear of a time trying to figure out how the grass catcher is supposed to be attached. The Craftsman website is closed and I've had no luck on the Sears site. Does anyone have this model (apparently also sold under the "Agri-fab" label) and can explain it to me? I think if I saw a picture I could figure it out.

TIA, Tmo

Reply to
tmo

It sits on the front, exactly backwards from what you would expect after seeing baggers on power mowers.

Reply to
Artemis

Hi Artemis, Thanks for the reply. I have used the mower already (raking up the grass afterwards, that's why I'm so keep to attach the grass catcher) and most of the cut grass seemed to be coming out behind the reel.

I did look at the front of the mower and I can't really see how a grass catcher would attach that way. Behind the reel there are two hooks that I can attach the front of the grass catcher, it's how I hang the back off the push handle that I'm having trouble figuring out.

There are three parts to the grass catcher, the catcher itself which has a stiff, plastic bottom and nylon sides with a chain and hook off the back, one long metal rod with loops which is the same width as the front of the catcher and an "L" shaped metal piece that has a hook on one end.

-tmo

Reply to
tmo

Look at page 8 of this owners manual.

is the type I am familiar with. Never noticed it before but McLane calls their reel mowers "front throw" so maybe yours is a "rear throw". I guess some catchers go on the rear and some on the front. Sorry I can't be more help.

Reply to
Artemis

Maybe take a few digital pictures and post a link to them so folks can really see it.... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes