Cast Iron Tecumseh 10 HP HH100 Magneto

Hello, I'm looking for a magneto that will work on my old wheelhorse rider. It has the cast iron 10 hp tecumseh engine HH100 I believe. I would prefer to find a used one as to buy a new one. The old rider is a bit old and crusty to spend any big $$ on. ANy help appreciated. Thankyou Rick

Reply to
Rick Warner

Does that have the 2 piece ignition? they used to. there was a primary coil under the flywheel and the secondary coil out side the flywheel. try

they carry a large amount of aftermarket parts. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

If your engine has electric starter and 12 volt battery, you can install a older model automobile coil. Its cheaper and easier to acquire.

Run a Wire from battery to a switch then to one side of the coil. From the other coil termeral, run a wire to the points. Use a automobile condenser. All this can be mounted externally to the engine. If it does not have a battery, you can mount a small 12 volt and charge it up between uses.

Good luck,

A Georgia shadetree mechanic

Reply to
JEH