Best insecticide for adult mosquitos????

I've used this product, and do find that it helps for a few days. I spray the house, deck, shrubs, trees, and anything else within hose distance.

I don't think this product kills the critters. I think it just drives them away.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

What it doesn't do is kill the larva, so there will be a new batch in a couple days.

Reply to
Ann

immigrate?

well, I'm pleased with how a system was devised and put into place whereby joe-homeowner can't get his uninformed hands on restricted use pesticides... although it is rather sad watching joe-homeowner go and buy watered down products and then thinking to himself how he is actually going to accomplish his desired result...

Reply to
Jim Ledford

LOL no I live in Canada.

The big thing here in Ontario is the municipal governments were given the power to ban pesticides, even though it is regulated by the provence and federal governments. But the key is they can ban professional licensed HIGHLY trained people from spraying them, but the products are available at the store still, even in watered down form. It's an expensive system but it makes sure the people trusted with the products are 1) trained 2) willing to invest the money in training so they are willing to invest money into insurance and saftey 3) responsible.

Reply to
Mike Robinson

I spent a little over 18 years working for Nortel [BNR]. traveled many many times from RTP to several different cities in Canada. Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Brampton, Nepean, ST. Laurent. as a visitor, I kind of liked Canada, the place, the land, the climate.

btw - it was your turn to LOL. it just ain't right for me to have all the laughs. got to share, you know!

trained, training, safety and responsible are all good words where chemicals and pesticides are concerned.

good day 2U - eh

Reply to
Jim Ledford

We HAD a nortel plant here in my town (Kingston, between Toronto and Ottawa, home of a ton of NHLers) which was turned into a Norcom CDT plant whcih shut down recently.

Reply to
Mike Robinson

[....]

before my employment with Nortel I spent a number of years with ITT. Nortel's telecom switch gear beat anything ITT had and that's why Nortel saturated north america with DMS technology. sometimes the best actually will win the competition. kind of a shame what happened to Nortel. a mix of events lead to their major down sizing and out sourcing of their manufacturing process. I adore the english Canadian pronunciation of the words [process and schedule] and I miss hearing that.

Reply to
Jim Ledford

Odd most americans make fun of the way we talk, eh?

Reply to
Mike Robinson

[....]

I am Southern Boy and very different from most americans. I enjoyed Canada and I got along well with the english speaking people up there.

Reply to
Jim Ledford

Your best bet is to opt for a mosquito magnet, They work wonderfully.

Another option is to install several bat houses, one brown bat can eat up to

3000 mosquitoes each night.

~Liss

Budget101.com

The best way to control mosquitoes is to control standing water in your area, like ponds, lakes, and little things like that. Well, lakes aren't so little. But there are some insecticides you can spray around your house and introduce into areas of standing water that aren't terribly dangerous. I'm at a lack for an example right now, but here's a page about how to get rid of mosquitoes:

luck,

Sam

snipped-for-privacy@rock.com wrote:

Reply to