Cost of V belts

From "deck V belt issue":

Got a challenge for you tractor and mower gurus. > > We have an RZT50 Cub Cadet mower that uses an MTD belt, p/n 954-04044. > This > belt sells for approx $35-40. This belt measures approx 133" outside > diameter. > I'm now trying to find a standard belt that costs less, and is available. >

Just needed to replace the drive belt on my Wheelhorse C81 (1978) for the first time. Searched the internet and found the equivalent in several places. Went to local NAPA and bought it for less than the internet price + shipping. I've used the NAPA belts on other equipment and they do stand up.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko