Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cleaning up yard and getting ready for 2008
here in there is a person living in NJ who can tell you things pertinent with a precise relevance to your climate.
2
2

Push button starter
I have 2 old Farmall tractors (actually 4 but two in particular) - one is not running. The other has a starter problem. I want to take the starter out of the 1st and put it in the 2nd. Trouble is the...
9
9

please identify this weed
Hello, I live in mid-Missouri. I have had this weed on one side of my front lawn since I moved in a couple of years back, and used to just pull them out once every couple of weeks. Finally I got...
8
8

lawn winterize
this is precious, simply precious...
65
65

Final gourd total
We picked approximately 500 pounds of gourds this year - we finished today. The woodchucks nibbled on about another 50#s - they seemed to prefer the ones with bumps / pimples on them. We picked up...

Sears deck prices
Replacement SERV. 46 For Sears , AYP , husqvarna # 166211 Buy new: $666.90 $635.14 Replacement MOWER DECK. COMPLET For Sears , AYP , husqvarna # 169583 Buy new: $434.95 $414.24 2 Used from $399.00

ravens attacking lawn and leaving patches
first off i am new here so hi to all. I have a question that i hope some of you might be able to help with over the past few days, it looks like ravens, have been attacking m lawn leaving hugh patches...
6
6

Neuton cordless electric mower?
Does anyone have any experience with this mower? Thanks, Larry
1
1

rider deck question
I have a troy bilt pony rider, 2 years old. It did not come with deck wheels. Would I be well advised to get a set? Are there benefits to the wheels? It is also equiped with a port for a deck wash...
3
3

Lowes - Troybilt
If anyone is tempted to buy the bottom of the line Troybilt riding mower (Pony) from Lowes, don't. The deck only raises/lowers on the rear. The front of the deck is pin mounted. Doesn't move up or...
17
17

Expensive gourds
Cost of shipping 7 #s of gourds within the state and 13 #s down the east coast to FL : $22+ . I think you can buy the gourds cheaper than that - but this way was more fun - both recipients will be...

New mowing deck for old Craftsman tractor needed
I would like to purchase a new mowing deck. Sears doesn't sell them as far as I can tell from These things seem fairly universal. Can someone tell me where to look? TIA.
5
5

Fall seeding or feeding
I live in NJ, four 3 weeks ago I core aerated and seeded. I'm now seeing commercial to feed my lawn with some Scotts product. My question is this: Should I feed my yard now or is this just their way...
4
4

18 Very Strange Houses
I've put together a little website containing pictures of 18 of the weirdest houses I have ever seen, along links to their original websites. It's at Enjoy! - Jeff http://www.odd-homes.com
3
3

Tractor festival
Spent the morning settiing up for the big annual show this weekend - 5th, 6th & 7th. ( note: it is not in "Northern Dutchess" - it is in Southern Columbia Co) Forsale Lander