Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sandy soils
We've just returned after being gone for six days. Apparently the wind blew while we were gone. There are new sand dunes in the back yard. The door threshold was half an inch thick with driven sand....
2
2

Lawn machinery advice site
For those who cant decide which machine to buy for their lawn, contac me at this site and i can help sort out your problem, free of charge! Daniel M http://tinyurl.com/2cxw5
1
1

Bosco - the 4th
Felt a need to tell you - the 4th battery charger (from a yard sale) is a 10 amp, 6 or 12 volt. LOL
4
4

"trimmer" brand power lawn mower repair
Hello group, I have a commercial model "Trimmer" reel, front throw power lawn mower with a slipping drive clutch. Is it possible to adjust tension back into the clutch for a DIY'er? Chardagha
1
1

Preparation advice for turfing on clay ground
Hi all I'm after some advice on the best way to prepare heavy clay soil fo turfing. The back garden is approx 36ft wide (level in this direction), and 30f long - sloping downhill away from the house...
2
2

Battery Charger Question - need part A-0705L - where can I find it ?
I have a battery charger, Husky brand. It's about the fourth one in a row I've bought and had break. This one lasted longer than all the others, combined. Meaning more than one day. Hey I don't...
3
3

Dillo Dirt
Well you guys are right. Austin did a toxicology test two years ago. That's the report they sent me as evidence DD is safe. Even the report said the DD needed to be checked on a regular basis due to...

regular maintenance
Is it better to do your regular maintenance (oil change, plug, filters) at the begining of spring, right before you go to use the tractor, or do it before you store it for the winter? Gas tank full,...
6
6

I need help - Murray Quantum Push Mower
I have inherited a mower from a deceased friend. As far as I can tell it is about two years old with the following identifiers: MURRAY 3 in 1 22" 6.5 Quantum Throttle Free I find no model number, just...
8
8

Qualcast
Hello, rather a strange request but hoping someone may be able to t help please? I am restoring an old qualcast lawn mower and was wondering if anyon would know where I can get hold of the qualcast...

My blue spruce has killed my lawn
I never thought my fir tree would get this tall and wide...in my lifetime. I have a large ring of colored stone under the tree, but it's grown wider than the ring. So the needles have killed the lawn....
17
17

Mole Problem
I live in NW North Carolina with a mostly fescue lawn. I have raised mole runs all over both my front and back yard. I have been told that i can't buy anything in NC to kill them. My lawn is a...
1
1

My tree roots are covered Oh MY God!!!!
I have 2 acres and a third is wooded, the problem is the third that is wooded, well all the leaves have now fallen off the tree's The roots are covered by the leaves!!! I don't have the time to rake...
13
13

lawn newbie help
I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose reels? I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest...
2
2

from the garden, I think I wanna sell it on Ebay!
I call it the streaker carrot! ?pic=8bh08t5&s=1 thinks it's E-bay material, I'm not sure. Clark... http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=87i5xci&s=1http://tinypic.com/view.php...
1
1