Can I secure a ladder from a lower roof section to higher one?

Can I secure a ladder from a lower roof section to higher one? full size image
I am trying to winterize my swamp cooler and I know that you can secure your ladder to a lower roof section and get up that way but I was wondering what ladder and equipment I need or if I should just go from ground level up two stories. Any thoughts?
This is my roof.
[IMG]
Reply to
Lane
If you've got a ladder to do it from the level ground that would be best. It's a bad idea to put a ladder on a downward slope, like the lower roof. Though, it can be done safely by tethering the ladder's bottom or bottom 1/3rd area to a cross-block inside that window. Don't use bungee cords.
Reply to
Anonymous

Site Timeline Threads