Where to put my connection box for my illuminated mirror?

Hello -I have an IP44 illuminated mirror to put on the wall. It has a flex coming out of the back. Trouble is, the cable for the lighting circuit sticks straight out of a freshly plastered brick wall, with no recess/hole for a connection box. The mirror's back is held on with screws and there's plenty of space in there for a connector block. Will it be ok for me to run the circuit cable into the back, through the existing grommet to make the circuit-to-flex connection inside the luminaire? It's on a spur so no issues about continuing the circuit for other lights. Pictures show (a)

back of mirror/luminaire

(b)

wall with circuit cable sticking out. It's just that this would be easier than chopping 25 Sq cm of plaster and brick out of the wall around the embedded cable to make a recess. It is in a toilet, by the way, not a bathroom.

Any advice greatly appreciated - thanks

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by Matt in Electrical

Report misuse

Image for Where to put my connection box for my illuminated mirror?