Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Found crack in cylindrical part inside A/C condenser unit
Jay; The unit you showed in your picture that you posted is approximately 24 years old or better. [1985] Most residential HVAC equipment will give you 20 years of service [albeit without proper...
24
24

Wireless Thermometer
Does any vendor make a wireless thermometer system that can monitor up to eight locations from a single console? I'm aware of the Oregon Scientific products, but they don't handle the required number...
1
1

Freezer question
I service freezer merchandisers, now and again. Leer ice cube chests. Compressor on top, and coldwall evaporator. Many times, I've arrived, and the suction line has been frosty. I rinse out the...
7
7

Tempstar, TXV, R-410a,compressor, etc problem
Did they say what they thought was wrong with the gas that came in it?
8
8

really quiet central AC/dehumidifier?
You did describe a whole house dehumidifier. And, then, I described my mental concept, ducting the hot blast from the condenser into the house. And now you're explaining again. How many times would...
68
68

FAIR PRICE for residential install?
Unfortunately, no one hear can answer that. It depends on the area and the company you are getting. YES, prices vary that widely. I had a consumer call me from Michigan the other day. He was calling...
7
7

Goodman 1.5 ton outside condenser unit
Less than one time zone. More seriously, what's the application?
5
5

Finding TXV problems?
I haven't done a lot of 410a stuff but the fact that I've already seen a bad TXV on a new unit makes me very suspicious of them. An intermittent problem is always hard to diagnose if it doesn't show...
47
47

iQ Drive
Thank you! I don't know Zyp about White Owls, unless we are talking cigars, in which case my brand has always been Perdomo Estate Seleccion . As far as beaver goes, I'm a huge beaver fan. And since we...
34
34

new coil or new compressor or both?
My A/C coil needs to be replaced. My contractor recommends the condenser be replaced now too. It's 15 years old but works just fine. His reasoning is the new coil would be R22. If the condenser dies...
21
21

ac freezing with thermostat off
Hello, I just realized that my home heat pump compressor keeps running and freezing the line by bypassing the thermostat. I believe the thermostat itself is still in good working order because if I...
19
19

Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008
Time-Warner corporate is dropping usenet news as of June 23, 2008. Please help by asking them to keep it. The person to call works for the TW president: Barbara Burroughs phone 203-351-2281 email: You...
1
1

Blower Coil Freeze After Compressor Replacement?
Hi, My in-laws had an exterior AC compressor replaced (by an HD sub- contractor FWIW...) which worked for a few days, and then ceased working when a coil leak froze up at the blower (as diagnosed by...
33
33

Sticky change over valve
Just had a new Trane variable speed air handler installed, to work with my Trane XL1200 Heat pump. The heat pump is about 18 years old. Of course after turning things back on the switchover vale seems...
9
9

Flooded basement and water heater
I'm desperate for help. We are in an area that got hit by devastating floods, luckily ours wasn't as bad as some, we had 3 feet of water in our basement. So the Natural Gas guys came out today and...
2
2