York Blower Loud

I have a York variable speed air handler on a York electric pump. Blower noise is out of this world. I know that the unit attempts to maintain the proper CFM as it responds to the ESP. Newer unit on an older home with addition. Could lack of sufficient returns be problem and how do you check something like that? Thanks.

Nick In Ohio

Reply to
<nicholoff

Nick this is not the proper forum to ask your question. There is a group called alt.home.repair, we answer home owner questions over there. Thankyou and have a nice day!

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

1) determine total cfm based on nominal 400 cfm per ton

2) take your Testo 506 meter and measure pressure drop across filter, coil, airhandler, supply and return grills 3) obtain fan curve from manufactures literature that shows delivered cfm at X ESP 4) use digital flow hood and measure actual cfm's for all supply's and returns. 5) make duct modifications as necessary to obtain desired cfm for each supply and return grill (this is assuming you've already did a load calc and manual d for each room or area)
Reply to
gofish

Maybe you should post your qualifications that you know the difference

Reply to
Noon-Air

Other than whats already been said, a model with serial would help...

Reply to
steve

You know what, stfu. Whoever the hell you are, and why you got this beef with me I don't understand, If you gotta question of me, call me. If you gotta problem with me show up at my door. You are a waste of time and now kill filed. If you want to contact me keep it off the group and e-mail me. But get the f*ck off my back.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo