water heater leaking!

I don't buy a warranty - I buy a water heater. And any GOOD product will outlast it's warranty. And any heater with 2 anodes will cost more than one with 1 or none - a brass valve will cost more than plastic

Will it still be working and not leaking 18 years from now??? Mine very likely will, and it's already 3 years old. Like I said before - I don't buy a warranty - I buy a quality water heater. The quality water heater just happens to also have a longer warranty.

And I didn't buy an "extra warranty"

You are free to buy the cheapest junk you can find. I prefer to buy quality.

"The bad taste of low quality lasts long after the sweet taste of low price has faded from the palate."

"It is almost always more expensive to pay too little for something than to pay too much"

Reply to
clare

Where in the referenced article does it say:

1) that the homeowner did the replacement, or 2) that the insurance company didn't cover the loss?
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

A seismic valve would be a lot safer -but no help at all if the lines outside fracture.

Reply to
clare

Actually it is a common occurrence in state like New York and California. If you insist on doing your own work...Go get a permit and have it inspected to cover your ass and to keep your family healthy. Use a little common sense for crists sake!

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

You'll need to provide citations. It doesn't happen in California, I can't speak for NY.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal