U.S. National Oil Fired Boiler

I thought I'd try alt.hvac before alt.antique......
I need whatever info may be available for this 1970's boiler. Links or past recollections.
It WILL be retired after one more season but until then I would feel better about it if I knew a little more than nothing about it.

If you really need one more year, why not call a competent technician and have them go over the complete system?

That's what I intend to do but I would like a little info beforehand.

Why? That's why you're calling in a professional. Ask them the questions you have when they arrive.

It would be nice to know what questions to ask. It's much better to have partial vision than to be totally blind.

Good Luck;
http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-repair-oil-furnaces.htm
HTH, -zero

Thank you

You ask questions about the things that concern you. It's really not that hard.
Did you have a book for reference to ask questions on Usenet? If not, how did you ask a question here?
See, it's pretty simple.

So it's easier to come up with a pertinent questions when you have less info to go on? You must be a great debater pulling those questions out of thin air.

The quest of all Great Debaters is to achieve the level of Master-Debater.
:o)
-zero

beforehand.
Is the boiler safe? Is the boiler efficient? Does the boiler require anything for safe operation? Is there anything I need to do as routine maintenance? Do you see anything that would concern you? Can you get me a proposal for a new system?
Man that's hard!

It sounds like it was.......it took you four posts before you actually answered the question.
and you had to come here , to get that information . and people wonder why we think ho's are stupid
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

anything for safe operation?

No, it was four posts to post questions that any competent person could do on their own. I guess you don't qualify.

So your answer was that of "any competent person"? This must mean that you have no professional knowledge on the unit.

You Sir, are on the way to being putzed.

.
ROFL!
-zero

do
You're one clueless twit...
When your car breaks down, do you require a manual *before* you're able to take it in for repair and tell them its broken? Geez... life must really be hard for a guy like yourself.

So I assume when you take your car in when it's broke you make no attempt to look into the problem yourself. You would never buy a Chilton manual? You would never approach your brother in-law the mechanic?
Who's the clueless one here? And foolish.

You're stupid and unfortunately, there's not a cure. I on the other hand, don't require a manual to ask questions. Bye-bye Putz.