U.S. National Oil Fired Boiler

I thought I'd try alt.hvac before alt.antique......

I need whatever info may be available for this

1970's boiler. Links or past recollections.

It WILL be retired after one more season but until then I would feel better about it if I knew a little more than nothing about it.

Reply to
tnom

If you really need one more year, why not call a competent technician and have them go over the complete system?

Reply to
<kjpro

That&#39;s what I intend to do but I would like a little info beforehand.

Reply to
tnom

Why? That&#39;s why you&#39;re calling in a professional. Ask them the questions you have when they arrive.

Reply to
<kjpro

It would be nice to know what questions to ask. It&#39;s much better to have partial vision than to be totally blind.

Reply to
tnom

Good Luck;

HTH,

-zero

Reply to
-zero

You ask questions about the things that concern you. It&#39;s really not that hard.

Did you have a book for reference to ask questions on Usenet? If not, how did you ask a question here?

See, it&#39;s pretty simple.

Reply to
<kjpro

So it&#39;s easier to come up with a pertinent questions when you have less info to go on? You must be a great debater pulling those questions out of thin air.

Reply to
tnom

Thank you

Reply to
tnom

The quest of all Great Debaters is to achieve the level of Master-Debater.

:o)

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Is the boiler safe? Is the boiler efficient? Does the boiler require anything for safe operation? Is there anything I need to do as routine maintenance? Do you see anything that would concern you? Can you get me a proposal for a new system?

Man that&#39;s hard!

Reply to
<kjpro

It sounds like it was.......it took you four posts before you actually answered the question.

Reply to
tnom

and you had to come here , to get that information . and people wonder why we think ho&#39;s are stupid

snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

anything for safe operation?

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

No, it was four posts to post questions that any competent person could do on their own. I guess you don&#39;t qualify.

Reply to
<kjpro

So your answer was that of "any competent person"? This must mean that you have no professional knowledge on the unit.

Reply to
tnom

You Sir, are on the way to being putzed.

Reply to
kool

.

ROFL!

-zero

Reply to
-zero

You&#39;re one clueless twit...

When your car breaks down, do you require a manual *before* you&#39;re able to take it in for repair and tell them its broken? Geez... life must really be hard for a guy like yourself.

Reply to
<kjpro

So I assume when you take your car in when it&#39;s broke you make no attempt to look into the problem yourself. You would never buy a Chilton manual? You would never approach your brother in-law the mechanic?

Who&#39;s the clueless one here? And foolish.

Reply to
tnom

You&#39;re stupid and unfortunately, there&#39;s not a cure. I on the other hand, don&#39;t require a manual to ask questions. Bye-bye Putz.

Reply to
<kjpro