Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 good for heat pumps?

The guy preparing a heat pump quote for me says the vision pro 8000 is not recommended for heat pumps. Is this true? I'm skeptical.

The plan is to rip out old the oil furnace and replace with heatpump and variable speed ahu with 15kW strips (and skip the furnace).

Thks

Reheating in Coastal BC

Reply to
spearingusenet

He is mistaken. He doesnt know anything about "ripping out". Make sure the system is "torn out" and then install a Vision Pro 8202 0012 with a matching subbase for optimal performance. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Been working fine on mine for a couple of years..Id be looking for a competent installer..

Reply to
aka-SBM

The vison pro is ideal for heat pump & dual fuel applications. There are 3 residential models to choose. You have to use the model with 3 heat and 2 cooling stages. It has to be properly set up when installed. It has an option for outdoor temperature senser that can control electric reheat and heat pump shut down based on outdoor temperature. It is the only tstat I have found that can actually lock out the electric reheat based on outdoor air temperature... which will save a lot of money during the recovery cycle.

If your guy doesn't know this, then I would be skeptical of his control knowledge as well as his ability to provide you with a quality system. A lot of people can *install* hvac, few can actually make it work properly.

Bubba, don't you mean ripped, torn and beaten out??

Reply to
Murdentech

He's F O S.

Get another quote.

Reply to
Dan Luke

Every heat pump system I have installed this year has a Honeywell VisionPro

8000 T-stat # TH8321U1006 installed with it as part of the installation package, They work great.
Reply to
Noon-Air

Same here, that stat rocks!

Reply to